Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dance Lesson

Mom found it to be a caricature and left the room but my sis seemed like taken a pledge to teach me dancing today.

It is an everyday affair when sis would ask me to dance on “Can I have a Dance” from High school musicals-3 and I had to say NO to her importunate demand. But today as I had been bit strict to her while playing badminton, I had to make up for that by dancing with her. I always dreamt of dancing splendidly whenever I heard foot-tapping songs and with Hritik Roshan coming to the Bollywood, I have been taking this daydream of being a dancer quite seriously. Dream is a dream and fact is a fact; I suck at dancing.

My sis was so excited that she played the video of Can I have a Dance and told me to watch the steps while dancing with her. Hardly had it taken any time for her to realize that she was expecting too much. She very thoughtfully left it to me to choose a song and I planted a Hritik Roshan song as my wish. It was from the movie Kaho na Pyar Hai and the song, Pyar ki Kashti main. It took about 10 minutes for me to come close to the first step and then the next ten minutes passed on discarding countless of steps that I was way above my skill to perform. My sis’ patience was still intact.

The next dance was my sis choice from the movie phir bhi dil hai hindusthani and the song Ban ke tera Jogi”. That song had beautiful small steps that seemed danceable. Sis was about to start and she started scrutinizing her own steps and said- “Bhaiya, I think the steps are very girly”. Obviously she did not wait for my affirmation and we started hunting for a boyish song till we zeroed down to “Lose control” from rang de basanti.

I was happy to have this song. The only problem was that my sister had to first come up with a step, practised it for some time and then had to come back to teach me. My sis’ level of enthusiasm to teach me dance quickly did not permit her to continue with that song too. The close contender of Lose control was Oh! Humdum Soneeyoo re from Saathia. Sis was determined to teach me this time without changing any further. The steps she told me is called hip hop it seems. The next fifteen minutes I could mimic a very distorted form of dance step what sis taught me and that too for just the first line of the song. Finally I gave up to my sis’ patience as it was impossible to imbue any dancing skill further at least at that moment. Sis was in a mood to teach me steps for at least a paragraph but gave up to my exasperation of the moment.

The rest of the evening she flaunted Papa and Mummy as how she taught me dancing but never asked me to show them the steps though (thankfully!). She also kept an extra darling attitude for the entire evening. She showered some sweet kisses on my cheeks and gleefully played with my nose.

I would be having my next dance lesson tomorrow and maybe able to complete the steps for the first paragraph. But let’s see if sis can keep her calm tomorrow too... .

No comments: