Monday, July 27, 2009

Sis is my little BIG GIRL

By the way did I tell you my sis is in tenth grade now. When I came back of my long educational tour (more than a decade) for a big vacation at home, I could not digest my little sis has become so big and mature. This abruptness is because I never stayed more than 2 weeks at home with my sis for years together. I see her now studying along, having long list of friends whom she often calls with her mobile (Dad’s gift to her) and posting at yahoo answers to some questions which surely needs a mature perspective.

My kiddo sister is now no more a baby. It does not seem to be long, when on one of my comment on my teacher infuriated her enough to call me a bad boy. She was in standard one then and calling someone bad was the utmost level of disrespect one can expect from her. Today while playing badminton I realized every teacher that had ever taught their section seems to have nick names; and that too not so decent sort. To my surprise there was not a flinch on her face. Her talks were reminiscent of my school days and I enjoyed her super cool lingo while she went on with her chatters.
The next thing that I observed was about the boys of her class she talked about. I remember most part of my life, girls found the boys group untidy, shabby and even disgusting. Since then things have not changed at all!! I did not find sis calling a single boy of her class good because, as per her, all of them are nonsense in everything; mostly dressing. In her words – “They are ewee!!!”

One of the common sign of her getting big is being very choosy about the dress when she has to go out; no matter if it just ten steps from the house. She just won’t step out unless she is wearing a jeans and a right fitting top. I have also observed her pattern of combing her hair has changed. At time she is just not satisfied by one or two hair of hers for which she will re-comb her hair entirely. A 5 minute of normal combing session now takes around twenty minutes. The best part is full resistance of being photographed casually. If there is a slightest doubt that something is wrong with her looks I dare if anyone can take a pic of her. Once on trying to click her pic while she applied some kind of pack on her head, she threw two big stones on me; I missed the first one because of my quick reflexes while missing the second one was sheer God’s grace. Sweet sis huh!!

One afternoon Mom called me suddenly almost at top of her voice. I was in the next room. As soon as I entered the room Mom with a mischievous smile pointed to the television screen pointing me to an actor – “Your sister likes him a lot. I am thinking of getting her married to him only”. She looked at my sister in a hope to pull her leg but I was startled when she openly declared – “So what! He is so cute”, totally unaffected by the comment. In days she made it so obvious how much she likes to dress like Selena Gomez. She is a diehard fan of Emily Osmen and Vanessa Hudgens. For some reason she hates Miley Cyrus. On asking about Jishu Sengupta (the actor whom Mom pointed out), she said she would any day prefer Zac Efron. After a few second of thought she said –“Zac is cuter”.

It is a great feeling to see her grow. I see her watching her young role models so closely and reading about them; but then while playing badminton, or dancing, or the times when she teams up with me to steal food from kitchen and sometime clinging with me to know how she was when she was a baby, I know how unique she is. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful and lovable sister who is so much inseparable from my life. Can she be big for me any day?

No comments: