Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Sleeping Beauty

We were to see the movie “The little Mermaid” together yesterday night. I got bugged by the way I was handling few of the things and did not feel like watching. My sis turns up at 11 PM almost to watch it but I had to disappoint her saying that I do not feel like watching it at this very moment. To my astonishment I did not find her disappointed and she clearly denied to watch herself alone. “We shall watch it tomorrow, together” was her conclusive reply and she went to bed. Even I did not drag my night long. I slept off with the dream of me as a champion of Hogwarts to win the triwizard championship which was unmistakably due to the book I was reading.

As planned I woke at 4:30 AM to an alarm tone which was a recording of my sister shouting – “Get up...Get up ... it is early in the morning... go and have your brush and do not fall into the mind-trap that will temp you to sleep again...”. This recording blared continuously till the time I left my bed and walked to the bath room for my daily chores. “Sweet Sister” my mind exclaimed!

I dressed up for my exercise. Found Mom and Dad sleeping and even my sister was not done with her sleep too. My sis covered herself from head to toe with the bed sheet. I could not resist removing the cover from her head and pampering her while she slept. She was no less cute to me now than the time she is awake. I brushed her hair which she never allows me to touch when she is awake due to some sort of kiddie superstition. With my last few strokes to her round nose I was ready to go for my run.

I needed someone to lock the gate as I could not carry the whole bunch of keys while I set off to run. The way every one was sleeping so peacefully I did not want to wake anyone up and did my exercise at home itself.

Sis has asked me to wake her up during the morning tea. Waking her is the next best thing I like other than playing with her cheeks and nose. I tickle her, as it is the only effective thing to wake her up. She would be grumbling, requesting and even whine a bit to leave her but I just love her doing that. That is also the time she gets a lot of pampering which I she enjoys. I have to admit Papa does a better pampering than me but as I am at home I will be getting the honours to wake my sleeping beauty up.

Ok it is the time now to wake my sweet sister up (a delightful sigh)!!!

No comments: