Friday, July 24, 2009

Papa and Daughter Pact



I was to my way back home, leaving Bangalore forever. It had been more than a decade when I have been out from my parents and sister for education. Crazily one day when I was fed up with my job which was taking me nowhere, where I wished to be; I placed my resignation and within two months I was flying towards my native. I shall find a new job or go ahead with my higher studies but primarily I wished to spend time with Mom, Dad and my sweet sister.

My sister planted a kiss on my cheeks and Mom gave me a fulfilling warm hug as soon as I entered the house. My sis did not wait much for any formal permission and invaded my luggage. Among couple of things that she directly declared to be hers now on, she was very specific for the baby pillow, “Pooh”. To make sure that we all understood what she meant, she kept the pillow by her side all the time; while studying, while watching television, during meal and obviously she slept with that too. After couple of days when she was quite sure that we have got her point she relaxed a bit of her possessive gestures. Instead of keeping the pillow by her side while studying and meals she would keep it on the bed or sofa nearby. Well, we all acknowledged her possession by not touching her Pooh.

It was one afternoon, few hours after lunch she could not find her Pooh. On intensifying her search she found it to be under Dad’s head, which he used as a pillow. To my utter surprise she did not give any reaction and went back to her studies. That night she slept with Pooh as if she was her Mummy and she missed her so much.

The next day too Dad slept with Pooh under his head in the afternoon to which sis did not refute at all again. And soon this followed every day. Dad won’t claim the pillow at night and sis won’t claim it in the afternoon as if a tacit pact is on effect. To me this seems to be a tradition now.

I surely missed these little understandings while I was out for my education. I am bit habituated to be living alone and having everyone around is an entirely different experience. But being at home with everyone feels like being associated and there is no substitute of this feeling. I wished if Pooh could have felt so, but surely Pooh to my Sis is like Hobbs to Calvin.

2 comments:

kislay said...

Good to see you with your family..If possible post some more snaps of your house...

Zoy said...

Well I shall surely updating it. May be you can find snaps coming on www.2200hrs.com soon. And thank you for your comments ... :)